View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 29, 2008, 04:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignats75
I laughed out loud when I saw this. Approximately two weeks ago, I had a Girls JV game with a partner I have never seen before, nor can I find him on either association roster for our area.

.6 seconds left in a time game. A1 at the line shooting 2. She misses the first. I am administering the free throws. I say "1 shot ladies" and back out of the key. By the time I get to the Volleyball sideline extended (the mark I use on the baseline) I hear a whistle...my partner has called 10 seconds!!!!! To make matters worse, the girl HAD started her shooting motion when he blew his whistle. Of course, she made the shot too. I thought the Vartsity officials were all going to have strokes. So instead of winning the game in regulation, the home team (A) lost in OT.

I ran into the visiting coach the next weekend when he was scouting at a game I was doing. He wanted to know where I found that guy.
I insturct the shot clock opperator to set the clock to 10 seconds and to start it when the ball is bounced to the shooter. It saves a lot of problems in the long run, no partners calling the violation at 9.7 seconds anymore.