Thread: Kids Ref Jersey
View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 02, 2007, 05:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
I really do not think this is a big deal at all. I know I have gone to places where it was very clear that my girlfriend or my Mother was with me just by looking at us. And believe me I was at places that were much more hostile on other levels that just me being an official. And I have never heard them have a problem with fans or anyone at those locations during HS or college games. So I have to disagree that this would be any different or a major problem.

Peace
Your girlfriend and mother probably didn't wear ref jerseys that declared to everyone around them what they were there for. More than likely in your scenario they blended in with the crowd once the ball went up, yes even those situations you talk about where everyone knew who they with.

In the end, I just felt it could be undue attention, albeit with good intentions, that could run afoul. I have had my family attend games and they have never had a problem either, but they never declared to the world(or gym in this case) why they were there. The OP certainly knows his situation better than me and he can make his own judgment just as you felt it was OK for your family.

I never said anything about not attending at all. I was merely stating the opinion that it was a distraction I'd rather not potentially have to deal simply by choosing to not draw said attention. To each there own.

Last edited by eyezen; Tue Oct 02, 2007 at 05:18pm.