View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 29, 2002, 11:43am
Elaine "Lady Blue" Elaine
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Elaine Send a message via Yahoo to Elaine
Angry

You guys think you have it rough just watching another game. Just try keeping score for your daughter's team and being the defensive coordinator while watching other umps calling strikes at mid shin, up at the shoulder, a foot outside, etc. Renee's team (16U 'A') played in a 5 game guarantee tournament last weekend where I saw some of the worst plate mechanics (like kneeling directly behind the catcher), no way he could the corners , never trailing a runner, basically awful!! We had a bad call on the look back rule also. R1 on 3rd, no outs, Batter walks. Batter/Runner runs to 1st and continues to 2nd as catcher returns ball to pitcher. Pitcher turns and fires ball to F4. B/R stops and now is in a pickle between 2nd and 1st. BU calls B/R out on look back and trys to make R1 come back to 3rd who has since scored safely and is in the dugout. BU & PU converse for several minutes after our coach has gone out to question the call. They let R1 score stand but still called out the B/R!!!! What idiots!!! They didn't understand that once a play is made on B/R, the look back rule is off!! I was g-r-r-ring and kicking the fence. This is only a sample of the poor officiating we saw. Also, the TD changed our games and parks about 4 times and we almost had to forfeit Saturday night for not enough players as everyone was confused as where to report. I emailed the TD, but of course he has not replied. But, he put all the emails full of accolades folks sent him on his website. What an ego!!
Some of the emails spoke of 'how delighted' they were with the officiating!! JEEZ
It is VERY hard for me NOT to join in with the crowd in some of their "aw c'mon, Blue" moanings!! Needless to say, I doubt we'll ever play in another one of this guy's tournaments.

P.S. Thank you, Glen for clearing me up on the NIF being in
the case book---the last name is Manross. Lilburn, Ga.

[Edited by Elaine "Lady Blue" on Mar 29th, 2002 at 10:47 AM]
Georgia High School NFHS (retired)
Mom of former Travel Player
National Indicator Fraternity 1995