View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 05, 2007, 03:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
This is the one that I was hoping no one would bring up. IMO if you judge the act to be intentional (I don't) then you have a good argument. But the way I saw that play A1 did nothing to go out of his way to make contact with B1. It just happened. Not saying it didn't benefit his team. Just saying I don't believe it was premeditated and intentional.
Dan, if you would replay that video a couple of times, study the offensive player. Look at the offensive player only.. Here's what I see, player falls to the ground, players eyes on playing court at all time, sees the ball about to be inbounded, player then darts up, side steps and throws his chest into B1. Damn, he even hesitated for a slight second before he threw his chest into the man. Then when the official blows his whistle, he still has his hands in the air with that dumba$$ "i didn't do it" look that we've all seen several times over our careers.

I've looked at about 10 times and I'm trying to give the player the benefit of the doubt, but the more I look at it, the more it looked intentional. It just didn't happen that way.