Thread: Being young...
View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 20, 2006, 08:49pm
Huck Finn

I cringe when I hear talk about "college camps." Has anyone ever heard of someone going to play a sport with the bigger boys because it will help them get better at the level they are at? That is what I think about "college camps." Also, the term "try-out" is probably thrown around too much. IMO, true try-out camps cost zero and may include being put up in a hotel and per diem. Most other camps are just teaching camps or money pits. Just my opinion.
I wish nobody felt the need to explain why they don't want or have time for college ball. It isn't for everyone and sometimes it makes me sick. Family (kids especially) are more important and everyone doesn't have a career where they can take the time off. I would suggest every official remain open to what a camp could offer. High school basketball needs good officials, bad!