Thread: Being young...
View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 20, 2006, 04:03pm
Official Forum Member

When I add my time contraints during the last few summers to the fact that college ball is not a goal of mine, it adds up to me having never attended a college camp...so forgive me if my thought is taboo.

When you go to a college try-out camp and don't get picked up, do you ask the reason(s) you were not selected?

About a year ago I interviewed a young man for a position in my company. He was a good candidate but seemed a little "high brow" during the interview...and that worried me when I thought about how he would fit in with the company culture. When I offered the position to the other finalist, he called me and we spoke for about 30 minutes. While he was disappointed, he thanked me and said he would keep my thoughts in mind while working for his current employer and in future interviews. Six months later, he called and thanked me again when he was offered a better position with another company.

While it may not be possible to get post-camp feedback from the assignor, there should be someone that can give you insight. It may simply be a case of you looking too young for their personal taste. If so, there is nothing you can do but keep working hard, enjoy the games you are calling and keep saying "Good morning" to people for as many mornings as possible.

Sounds like you are willing to work hard and educate yourself...fine virtues. Patience is another good virtue...