View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 04, 2006, 06:46am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref
A few days ago there were games at his school. Important to note that the officials calling the games are from the association in which the principal himself is a registered official. Jr. high boys game: The principal is not a coach, not acting in any official capacity, just sitting and watching the game.
Official calls backcourt and the principal erupts vocally against the call. The ref whacks the principal. The principal proceeds to shout, not once, but several times: (paraphrased) "You can't T me! I'm not gonna pay you! You call a T on me and you're not getting paid!" After a brief pause, (maybe to wait for a break in the uproar) the ref said to the scorer, "Whether I get paid or not, that's a technical foul on him."
What GoodWillRef said!

Personally, I woulda done things slightly different. Please don't take that as any kind of criticism of the official that called the "T" though. It sureasheck isn't; it's great for all of his fellow officials that he had the testicular fortitude to nail the jerk in his own school. Big ups to him. I wouldn't have called a technical foul. Just have the principal removed from the gym very publicly and promptly by game management. If he doesn't leave within...say...one minute, suspend the game. If game management doesn't want to make him leave, suspend the game. No matter what, make a complete incident report to the league, your assignor, your association, everyone that you can think of. Maybe anonymously mail a copy to the local newspaper.

If this clown was a registered official in our association, he would be an unregistered official very, very quickly.