View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 04, 2006, 05:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref
Several years ago I had a confrontation with a jr. high principal, the story of which was related under a thread named "all part of my job?" (I tried to insert a link and couldn't get it to work) I hear the little man is at it again.
A few days ago there were games at his school. Important to note that the officials calling the games are from the association in which the principal himself is a registered official. Jr. high boys game: The principal is not a coach, not acting in any official capacity, just sitting and watching the game.
Official calls backcourt and the principal erupts vocally against the call. The ref whacks the principal. The principal proceeds to shout, not once, but several times: (paraphrased) "You can't T me! I'm not gonna pay you! You call a T on me and you're not getting paid!" After a brief pause, (maybe to wait for a break in the uproar) the ref said to the scorer, "Whether I get paid or not, that's a technical foul on him."

This is much more than a basketball issue, this needs to be taken to his superiors and the school board. He should be working at McDonald's (not offense to McD's) not molding our children.