View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 20, 2006, 04:53pm
Official Forum Member

Joe is from Eastern NC (Tuss is right he went to Elon where he is the Hall of Fame for his football days;Don't forget Drew Coble went there as well). Anyway, Joe used to hold clinics in Greenville NC years ago. I worked with a guy in the early 90's that went to one of them. He went on and on about Joe working with them on plate mechanics.

Joe is not as much of a reda** as he used to be. I don't think he or any of the other old school guys go looking for trouble like I think they did sometimes in the past. Mind you he will handle problems when they come up and he doesn't have a problem sending anyone to the house. I think his attitude change has let the real quality of his work shine through. Many people remember his sour attitude years ago (smirking at Andre Dawson after he ej'd him as Andre showered the field with bats) but his work was high quality back then. Even Froemming has calmed down some. But I also think this is due to the fact that management doesn't want the onfield confrontations of the past. Which is why Dreckman and Hernandez will at least have some explaining to do for the way they handled their EJ's this past week.