View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 19, 2006, 08:45am
Official Forum Member

Worst one I can remember was about 40-39, TWO innings, in a tournament with a no-new-inning time limit of 75 minutes. It was a 2nd round loser bracket game, both teams sucked, and had used up their only decent pitcher in the first game.

First inning - walk, walk, walk, etc (pepper in some WP's and PB's for variety). One popup, and 2 outs at home on runners trying to score on a non-PB/WP. Bottom of the inning, same thing - I think one out was a strikeout. No lie, I'm starting to think i have my first ever 1 inning game, as the clock ticks down. 3rd out happens with 4 minutes to go. So we play another 50 minutes or so, shooting the wheels off the timing of the tournament.

If memory serves, Home team won with no outs in the bottom of the 2nd, after coach finally figured out there was no reason to ever send anyone home on a bad pitch, and they just walked and walked and walked until they scored run 40.

Funny thing was, with their decent pitcher back for game 3, they won, and then got crushed in game 4.