Thread: 4 flagrants
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 25, 2006, 03:34am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

I had a first for me tonight. I had one player punch another in the face during the game. This resulted in 4 flagrant technical fouls.

Situation:
A1 dribbling. B1 fouls A1 near midcourt and both go to the floor. While getting up A1 pushes/shoves B1's head. B1 responds by jumping up and punching A1 in the face.
B6 and B7 coming running off the Team B bench onto the court, but the players are separated and the situation controlled before they can become involved.
Here's what we did:
B1 is charged with a personal foul. 8th team foul, 1-1 is due.
All four kids are charged with flagrant Ts and DQ'd. A1 for the shove, which caused B1 to respond by fighting. B1 for the punch. B6 and B7 for leaving the bench and entering the court but not participating.

Each coach also came onto the court, but they grabbed their players and were nothing but a help to the situation, so we overlooked any penalties to them. Team B coach was charged with 1 indirect technical foul for the two players which left his bench and he sat the rest of the contest.
Team A received one team foul and Team B was assessed four on the play.

I still can't believe that we had four flagrant technicals and only one punch was thrown. I guess we were fortunate. It could have been a lot worse.