View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 08, 2004, 07:32pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
Got a reply to my email from the evaluator/varsity ref. Although he agreed that the comments the coach made were disparaging and I would have been justified in having him tossed from the gym, he wouldn't recommend it. He recommended instead to ignore it and bring it to the attention of our commissioner and possibly the state. He also said that during the varsity game the coach was, in his words, "a pussycat". He mentioned that over the years he's earned the coach's respect, so I guess I have a few years to go, eh? It's done and I think I'll get it right the next time. I hope there's not a next time...
My only comment is that you shouldn't have to earn a coach's respect to make them stop treating you like sh*t. It's a two-way street. Coaches have to earn our respect too, and they'll never do that by dumping on us. We're expected to deal with people in a fair, polite and sporting manner. We should also expect to be treated the same way.

Takes Dan_ref's advice. Get game administration to put his a$$ in the parking lot next time. See if that will get you some respect. If not, maybe the jerk will think about it a little bit anyway.