View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 20, 2004, 12:20pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by DownTownTonyBrown
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
... The FED just didn't want coaches on their feet yapping at the officials and putting on a show. That's why the seat-belt part of the penalty was enacted; the idea was that maybe some coaches would think of the consequences of getting T'd up. Imo, if you still let 'em roam after they get a T, you're defeating the purpose of the penalty, as well as making the job of the next crew in that much harder if they haveta T up that coach too....
I agree with what you have said here whole-heartedly. What I was envisioning is a coach that has lost his coaching/instructional priviledges and that as I run by he wants to attract my attention SO HE STANDS UP and asks, "Who was that on?" "Lane violation number 25." I continue on my merry way and he sits back down. Anything more than that should not be tolerated. ROAMING NOT ALLOWED.

I didn't mean to imply anything else.

Yeah, in HS Baseball you can restrict them to the dugout. "You're in the dugout coach for the rest of the game Coach and I don't want to hear another peep out of you." That would be fun to impose on some of our posters.

YOU ARE NOW PEEPLESS.
I think that we were on the same page all the way, Tony. I was agreeing with your original post. And I agree with this one also. Nothing the matter with a legitimate question and sitting back down. Don't get up to dexter at me though.

The baseball board is a hoot some days, isn't it? The unfortunate part is I honestly believe that some of those guys have intimidated new umpires into being afraid to post. And that's wrong.