View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 24, 2004, 08:55am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to CYO Butch
Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach
CYO
I am not sure that continuing the game is worth the future paychecks. And the organizers are spineless if they wouldn't bounce the coach. They should have told the coach that he could leave or forfeit. I surely hope that nobody in my organization would put potential future tournament registrations against backing the referees they have hired.

I happen to know of a private gym owner who banned a team from his gym, and the tournament he was hosting gave the team a one-year ban from participation - they won the championship and won't be allowed to participate this year.
I agree with all your points. Clearly the organizers were spineless. I was also pretty impressed that the other coach was not going crazy complaining that the guy was still there. He did a really good job setting an example for his kids and keeping them focused on basketball rather than the circus at the other bench.
My neighbor has said that this guy, who at least a couple of years ago, headed up a group the fielded three different teams. Again, according to my neighbor, he changed the names of the teams whenever he/they got banned. I don't know if my neighbor had any real knowledge of this, other that that he knew for sure the guy had a team with a different name, but generally the same players, the year before, and his daughter's coach said they had been banned the year before.