View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 15, 2004, 05:27pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach
Final fours I will grant you, the Big Ten has more variety recently, and the Big Ten has been very deep in the past. Not this year. And I am not sure what point you want to make about recent history. sure, duke didn't make the final four last two years. But the ACC has 2 of the last 3 championships.
The ACC had Len Bias, Ralph Sampson, Tim Duncan. All played 4 years, how many championship? Even North Carolina had 1 in the 80s and who was on that team? When has Virgina been to a Final Four? When did NC State go to a Final Four sense 83?

When the middle to lower part of that conference shows up in the NCAA Tournament (where we keep referring to btw), then talk to me about how good they are. Of course there are always situations where a team here, at team there is going to win something. But Duke and North Carolina always seem to get the benefit of the doubt and get #1 seed, which is the easiest way to the Final Four. Then they cannot make it because some team that is battle tested beats them. Maybe this will be a break out year. But they do not call the Big Ten conference a good football conference because what they do in the regular season. They call them that way by what they do in the post season. Stop telling me the ACC is great when only Duke and North Carolina does something. You do not judge the Big Ten by Michigan and Ohio State alone in football do you?

Peace