View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 01, 2004, 05:08pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ace
Gentleman Gentleman! I dont see how any of you guys can sit here and critize the NBA Officiating. Is it becasue we're always critical to higher levels? I've always been taught to not critisize unless you know something about it. The NBA philosphies on officiating are WAY different than they are on the lower levels. I've never read a manual, and yes they do exist because I've seen one and thumbed through it. But the application of the rules is different at that level. To explain it would take forever to type and Im not sure any of you would even listen. The star system does not exist as many of you guys imply. The NBA allows aggressive, not rough play. One of the goals of the NBA is too keep the game moving. That is while you see that anytime there is more than two minutes on the clock you'll see Whistle:signal:BAM! official is gone to new position. Friday night at the rockets game there was a travel call on portland. Official was starting to give the signal as he started to run back down to lead. Total dead ball time was like 7 some-odd seconds.