View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 22, 2022, 03:19pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpferee View Post
We had an official get accosted by a coach and the AD filed complaints on the officials and blatantly lied as did the coach. Any attorneys out there?

Too much power is given to these schools IMO

The schools hire us here as well as assign our assignor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Prime example of why I'm glad I don't work in an environment where schools directly contract the officials and/or assigners.

My state our commissioners answer to the state high school organization. Any event such as the one you are referencing or a coach/player getting ejected gets filed formally with the state.
The first couple of years of my career was being assigned games by the school which meant either the coach or the AD did the assigning. When I moved to the Chicago area, that was not at all like that in any way. Glad I got away from that model because it did nothing but cause conflict where it did not need to be caused and school personnel thought it was their right to address you directly. But most schools had ADs that were not burning those bridges despite what their coach felt or was going to do. But now everything is assigned by an assignor even if the school runs an event, they ask someone to assign the officials. Also no association for the most part assigns anything either, just the person that works for the conference. Much more of a buffer between the officials and the schools.

Peace