View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 18, 2022, 12:18am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
As with anything, this very much depends on the specific league. The JuCo league I work in, the coaches by and large behave themselves (the commissioner does not tolerate nonsense and is vocally supportive of officials handling business), and the ones who don't move on once they get whacked. I would work a JuCo game in that league over a high school game 101 times out of 100.

I do agree with you though. College coaches usually don't take getting whacked personally, and the ones who get whacked every game know they are turds and have no credibility with the assigner.
I am just making an overall observation. Of course, there are coaches at many colleges that are usually very petty and stupid at times. My point is it just usually does not get them very far acting that way and why some are not there very long (not just because of how they act here). I have had a couple of JUCO guys this year that were very professional and reasonable. Just not always the case. Heck one of the biggest jerks and unprofessional coaches I have had is a D2 coach. But in general, they have held to some accountability that high school coaches are not often held to. And just like you said the supervisor makes a world of difference as well.

Peace