View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 17, 2022, 01:40pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
They are more professional, more prepared, more concerned about their teams instead of officials, more cognizant of when there crossing the line, more intentional with their communication, more willing to move on, more in control of their players, etc., etc.
This is actually why I like working college basketball to just about any high school. Maybe the exception of JUCO which is its own culture unto itself. JUCO coaches can be very immature and silly.

But all the other levels, coaches do not have the energy to worry about personal beefs the same way. Not to say that college coaches cannot be petty or silly sometimes, but that does not work well in the long run for them. They have to focus on the job at hand and losing that job can mean bit things are lost to them in the long run. They tend to be more focused and deliberate in what they communicate with you and even their players.

That being said, I have noticed a little edge this year with the coaches and players at the college level. Not nearly as bad, but just a little more stress from my perspective.

Peace