View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 16, 2021, 10:30am
Esteemed Forum Member

Air Ball Free Throw ...

High school rules.

How many of us sound our whistle for every free throw air ball violation? Or do some us only sound our whistle for air ball free throw violations when there will be rebounders (i.e., not for the first of two, or not for a technical foul free throw as in the video)? If so, why not for every free throw air ball violation (it is a violation)? Not to embarrass the free throw shooter more than he already is? After all, the scorekeeper and everybody else in the gym knows that the airball free throw was definitely unsuccessful so no whistle is needed (although it's probably required).

Another free throw whistle question.

How many of us sound our whistle before a free throw following a timeout (as we do before a throwin following a timeout, or intermission)?

For me, I only whistle air ball free throw violations when there will be rebounders; and I almost never whistle before a free throw following a timeout. Right or wrong, this (both) is what most of us do here in my little corner of Connecticut.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Mar 16, 2021 at 06:55pm.