View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 10, 2021, 02:44pm
Do not give a damn!!

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
I must have missed something. Who is Grinnell?
Grinnell is a college in Iowa at the D3 level (Midwest Conference) and they run 5 subs in like every minute. The goal is to play everyone on the bench for the most part and shoot the ball within like 7 seconds of the possession. A lot of threes and a lot of up and down basketball. They can easily score over 100 points and often play little defense because the goal is to outscore you and wear you down. Some times try to play with them and others try to slow the ball down a little to control more of the tempo. I have had the opportunity to officiate Grinnell, but there are a few schools that used this system at the high school level. There was a team in the south suburbs that ran this system and he was a coach that played at Depaul and happened to send like two sons to the Grinnell program. I think I was on a game where they set the state record for 3 point shots and makes in a game about 8 or 9 years ago.

But all that being said even when this system was used, there were programs that never asked for match-up requests. So it is really not a very widely used rule and certainly not used at that level.

Peace