Always Listen To bob ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
4-22: Goaltending occurs when a player touches the ball during a field-goal try
or tap while the ball is in its downward flight entirely above the basket
ring level, has the possibility of entering the basket in flight and is not
touching the basket cylinder or a player touches the ball outside the
cylinder during a free-throw attempt.

10-4-9: Player Technical: A player shall not: Commit goaltending during a free throw.

9.12 SITUATION B: On the second of two free-throw attempts by A1, the ball is touched outside the cylinder by A2. RULING: No points can be scored. A2’s actions are ruled a violation. B will be given the ball for a throw-in from the designated out of bounds spot nearest the violation. (9-1 Penalty 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Hint: When does the ball become dead when A commits a FT violation? Can a you "goaltend" a dead ball?
Thanks bob jenkins, but I think I need a bigger hint.

All I see is A2 offensively goaltending a free throw (player touches the ball outside the cylinder during a free-throw attempt), which is a technical foul (not a free throw violation), if the ball went in there's no score for A1 because the ball became dead on the offensive goaltending technical foul, two free throws for Team B, and the ball given to Team B for a throwin at the division line opposite the table.

4-22: Goaltending occurs when ... a player touches the ball outside the cylinder during a free-throw attempt.

I don't see a free throw violation in 9.12 SITUATION B.

What's the free throw violation in 9.12 SITUATION B?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Oct 10, 2020 at 06:45pm.