View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 09, 2020, 10:16am
Esteemed Forum Member

Mutt And Jeff ... ...

(Young'uns: Look it up on the Google.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
It's my favorite signal. The most exciting and best call in basketball, maybe the most exciting and best call in all of sports. It's poetry in motion. It doesn't get any better than that. I can wax on for a lot longer.
Of course, that all goes down the toilet if I'm the lead (Mutt) and I don't see the ball go in my peripheral vision, and my partner (Jeff) doesn't realize that I didn't see the ball go in (or doesn't bother to look for it).

Worked with a rookie this past season who didn't know if the ball was inflated or stuffed. I made it all the way to the reporting area having no idea that the ball went in. Of course I didn't count the basket and reported two free throws.

Offended coach yelled, "Why didn't the basket count?". Went back to my partner, "Did the ball go in the basket?". Partner replied "I don't know". Went back to the table, asked them, and they replied that the ball went in.

If there had been a hole in the court, I would have crawled into it.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Apr 11, 2020 at 10:15am.