View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 13, 2020, 01:32pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Can't you just have the date blocked regardless of the level? I know when I share Arbiter blocks, I do not share the site or the level with another group.

It is baseball, chances are you are also working a lot earlier than that high school game. One of the reasons I got out was the ego of assignors that felt your time was their time in a sport that did not make money. They needed to get over themselves. (Off my soap box).

College basketball conferences have gotten away from using Arbiter, so this is not the same issue. You literally can block a date for any reason and know one really knows unless you actually tell them why there is a block. BlueZebra is used more by college assignors anymore. It is a better site and easier to block things. So if you want to work your little 4th grade games you can do so an no one is going to know unless you tell them you are working 4th grade games.

Peace

So, I am off the floor. 30+ years and three sports have left me likely in need of a new knee or 2. I can work FB and on the diamond, but the twisting of my knee on a court I can't take day after day. I am also assigning a lot and evaluating.

(Note: I've kept my streak going by covering a late flu scratch this week. Varsity boys. I got through it.)

What I've learned: I was insane working 60+ HS games a season. Nights at home with family are wonderful. The games go on. I wish I could go back and cut my schedule in half.

Some people may want to take it easy, stay close to home, and not drive 3-4 hours to work that night.

No need to insult the 4th graders by calling it a "little 4th grade game."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro