View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 13, 2020, 12:02am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
The D3/NAIA games I had for the time that I was doing college just didn't have that many people. A decent Friday night HS game almost always had more.

You're in an area fortunate enough to have several college options in close proximity. That is not the case in a lot of places. A lot of college officials here are driving 3-5 hours (one way) to games on a regular basis. There are certainly local games, but there are only a handful as close as all the HS games.
All my games are not close. I have a 3-hour trip tomorrow as an example. I am going 2 states away. But again that does not bother me, I will make way more than I will work any high school game (and more than the range I gave earlier). Local high school games have bigger headaches and in many cases no bigger crowds.

Again it is what you value. I have been working high school games for a long time and had some fun, but I like to be challenged and working a ton of high school games all the time is not as challenging. The crowds used to be a draw, but not anymore.

Peace