View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 03, 2020, 12:30pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngump View Post
For the protection of the officials, I think it would be a bad idea in many cases. But I'm sure I also see that as a much closer and more case specific than most here.
To take an example, an open letter about the behavior of Coach Knight would have it's merits. Letting officials answer questions about what happened when a coach threw a chair across the court also might. [And for that matter, I feel like I've read an interview with the referees who were there at some point (but perhaps not, or perhaps they waited until they were retired to speak on the matter.)] But on the flip side it would make it harder for Indiana fans to believe that they were being neutrally officiated with Coach Knight there. Or perhaps, and this is what I was trying to get at, that's not the flip side but actually a pro to greater transparency.
IMO, if conferences allow coaches to criticize officials, especially by name, people are always going think that official will never give that coach's team a fair shake in the future.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk