View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 29, 2020, 10:38am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I totally disagree with that. For one the pregame is not for you to shape how others officiate or the things you call. It is for you to start talking basketball or get your mind on the game. I know travel can be frustrating. Our jobs can be frustrating. Our families can be frustrating. The pregame gets us to what we are supposed to be doing for that couple of hours and that is to call a game. No one cares about our personal issues when

I can tell you when you work with people you never met or have no idea what they do, a pregame helps me set some expectations or understand my partners. If we talk about nothing then how do we handle things. Sometimes I just want to know my partner's attitude about uniforms so when we start the game we know how that is going to be handled or why it will be handled in a certain way.

Peace
I had a pre-game once with two guys who definitely needed a pregame, and the 4 situations I specifically covered happened by halftime.

Pre-games are great to get your mind on basketball and thinking about plays and having the correct mindset.

Also when you working with a guys you rarely work with, which happens in college basketball a lot, it helps ensure you're on the same page mechanically.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk