View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 12, 2019, 04:48pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
I'm injured, so I'm on the shelf for a while. I attended one of the HS games I had to turn back, and the crew kicked 2 rules. On one of them, the coach was complaining, which should have triggered a conversation amongst the crew. We talked about it after the game. I told them at this level you can slide by with it, but in college (one of them just got picked up in D2) the entire crew probably would have lost a game.
And that is the part that people do not realize. And it certainly would have gotten back. I have kicked rules over the years and I did not get a call, email or any correspondence to say we missed a rule at the high school level. I have even kicked rules and no one even realized we kicked the rule until we started talking about it much later.

I am sorry, high school officials crack me up with their positions on what guys at these levels do. I have to see guys lose several games with that conference that year over misapplication of a rule or even judgment. I have known officials to get suspended for not following protocols that have nothing to do with the game between the lines.

Peace