View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 08, 2019, 04:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
The only thing that bothers me is when I'm in a high school pregame with a college official (and I am one of those) and he wants to talk about college stuff, be it rules or just bragging about himself. All that does is confuse non-college officials and makes it feel like you are big-timing. Thankfully this does not happen too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Saw this a lot a generation ago, don't see it very often with the younger guys, somebody most have straightened them out.
Oh, it still happens.

Was working with a young official a couple season ago who was just picked up for his first college season and was doing this sort of stuff.

When we go in at halftime, he starts in about how college guys always communicate better, specifically about end of quarter communcation. He was suggesting we really need to communicate being under 1-minute and who had the last shot. About that time, another official who was watching the game and joined us for halftime chimed in ad said...."Bobby (name changed), Cam had his hand up trying to communicate with you for a long time and you never looked". Needless to say, he had a lot less to add to the halftime discussion after that.