View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 13, 2018, 09:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altor View Post
Does "CNC" mean correct no call? I presume that it does. Curious about a couple of items:

1) Do they acknowledge all "CNCs"? Wouldn't there be many within the last two minutes? There are many cases (like several every play) of contact where a foul is not called. I am guessing that they do not so why would they acknowledge this one? (IMO, because everyone questioned it)

2) The provided rational seems illogical. Does their explanation mean that any player can simply grab and hang onto a rim during a dead ball with no one around as long as they are not taunting or delaying the game? I am guessing not. What about say, the backboard? Could they grab the rim, pull up, and climb to the top of the backboard as long as that given criteria is met? Also, guessing not. Could they swing like a pendulum from the net for the duration of the timeout given said criteria is met? Guessing not. Ergo, the explanation is a slap in the face as far as I am concerned. Again, I know it is about money/entertainment/etc. Additionally, hanging on the rim with the same criteria has been called a T hundreds of times. What makes this play different, especially since the hang is so long?

Draymond Green (see below link) does same thing (TO called as he hangs) but gets a Technical. Also, LBJ does it and NBA confirms that it was an incorrect no call. Sooooo, it does not get more contradictory, inconsistent, and hypocritical than that. Unless of course...... something changed between then and now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-Wd6vk3--0

Last edited by bucky; Wed Nov 14, 2018 at 01:40pm.