View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 06, 2017, 12:55pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
Not trying to mess with anyone. I wonder if today's coaches and their behavior are a little different than 10 years ago or 20 years ago.

What they say and how they treat some officials. I like to talk about and hear how you guys handle different behaviors and things said. I enjoy reading in these forums. Game situation, coach says X I say Y. I like it or I didnt like it, etc.
I have been doing this for over 20 years and coaches have always been jerks. They were jerks before that. We just have more cameras and focus on this interaction in the last 10 years or so where it there is HD TV and more camera angles and cameras just on coaches when before we hardly heard interactions. I have heard those that worked games with the long time UCLA coach John Wooden and Wooden apparently would yell at officials through his programs (curled up). He would say many bad things to them but coaches did not rant and rave on the sidelines openly as they do today. But the myth of Wooden is that he hardly said anything and was mostly a nice guy.

Peace