The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Oct 15, 2014, 12:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
How are you going to do that, Mike, if you aren't within earshot. You just told us going out there to be within earshot was one of the dumbest things you'd ever heard.
That's my point, you cannot, nor can you stop it.

No, monitoring the conversation for strategy was one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

It is a dead ball for a specific and permissible reason. During those times, anyone can converse with anyone else. If you are going to say the DC cannot talk to the pitcher about strategy, are you monitoring the OC to make sure they are not talking to their players?

The umpire controls the suspension. When the umpire is satisfied the pitcher is ready to go, you TELL the coach to return to the dugout as the game is going to continue. If the coach doesn't like that and wants to stay, then you charge the conference regardless of the discussion. Game control is part of the job, being a hall monitor isn't.
Old Wed Oct 15, 2014, 12:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CecilOne View Post
I will not take that responsibility.
I didn't, the pitcher told the coach and me that she was okay. If the coach doesn't agree, s/he has the authority to replace her.