The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Apr 25, 2010, 06:09pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to shipwreck
Question Reebok Field Magistrate plate shoes

Any of you have much experience with these shoes? A buddy of mine just got some and likes them but hasn't had them long enough to tell me how well they hold up. Dave
Old Sun Apr 25, 2010, 08:26pm
Official Forum Member

SO VERY COMFORTABLE!!!! They now come in all black as well. For $90, the best plate shoes you'll ever find, extremely light, solidly padded, no need for 2nd pair of socks, and extremely easy to run in! these are also the same ones mlb guys wear but don't wear it because of that, wear it because it's so easy on your feet!!!

before, I could only do two plates before my big toe started going numb in my old shoes and that was with a 2nd pair of socks. With these babies, I can go 4-5 plate games in a row without getting too tired.
Old Sun Apr 25, 2010, 08:36pm
Official Forum Member

Yeah, all-black except for the big white "REEBOK" logo on the heel and the white Major League Baseball logo on the metatarsal shield.

I'm due for a new pair of plate shoes and these are the ones I want. But the white logos are keeping me from pulling the trigger. When I buy an "all-black" shoe, I want a show without ANY white logos.

Like with the New Balance plate shoes, I've had guys tell me to "use a Sharpie" to black out the logos. I think that can look sort of tacky. I'm wondering if the white can be dyed, painted, polished or otherwise obscured without looking bad.

I'm also wondering if the logos on this shoe are enough to run afoul with the ASA uniform guideline that specifies "black shoes".
Old Mon Apr 26, 2010, 07:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretMan View Post
Yeah, all-black except for the big white "REEBOK" logo on the heel and the white Major League Baseball logo on the metatarsal shield.

I'm due for a new pair of plate shoes and these are the ones I want. But the white logos are keeping me from pulling the trigger. When I buy an "all-black" shoe, I want a show without ANY white logos.

Like with the New Balance plate shoes, I've had guys tell me to "use a Sharpie" to black out the logos. I think that can look sort of tacky. I'm wondering if the white can be dyed, painted, polished or otherwise obscured without looking bad.

I'm also wondering if the logos on this shoe are enough to run afoul with the ASA uniform guideline that specifies "black shoes".
Bret,

I have been able to remove white markings with acetone (nail polish remover) or even lacquer thinner. Don't know about this particular shoe, but I would bet the white is easily removable.
Old Mon Apr 26, 2010, 08:51am
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BretMan View Post
If the all-black have all that white, what did the non-all-black have?
Old Mon Apr 26, 2010, 10:04am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to shipwreck
Quote:
Originally Posted by CecilOne View Post
If the all-black have all that white, what did the non-all-black have?
3 big white stripes on each side along with the MLB insignia.
Old Mon Apr 26, 2010, 10:48am
Official Forum Member

Reebok Plate Shoes

Started using mine last year. They are great and will continue to use them. The only things I don't like are the pull loops on the heel of the shoe catch your plate pants' cuff and the nubs seem to be soft and wear prematurely. Neither of these two things affect the comfort of my feet which is the most important thing.
Old Mon Apr 26, 2010, 12:31pm
Official Forum Member

By far the Best plate shoe I've ever owned. I bought mine last year, and used a shoe spray paint to cover all the white that I got from my local shoe repair shop. They still look and feel great!
Old Mon Apr 26, 2010, 07:11pm
Official Forum Member

I've had shoes will that little pull tab at the heel, where my pants would get hung up in the back. Snip, snip with scissors and they're gone!

On the Reeboks I got to briefly check out, the logo on the heel looked like it was painted on, so that might come off with acetone. The MLB logo on the tongue looked like maybe it was a shiny white plastic insert sewn into the leather.