Thread: Finding a Crew
View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 16, 2007, 12:17pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyezen
Unlike football having a regular "crew" in my area for basketball is a foreign concept.

I believe that the ADs in your area are stressing it for one reason only, simplicity for them in filling games.

I personally feel that having regular crews is not a good thing for the game of basketball.

I also feel that AD's shouldn't be assigning games but that it a topic for another thread. I am lucky that the majority of games of mine are assigned by an assignor.
Speak for yourself. I have a regular partner in Wisconsin and we fill our schedule by negotiating with leagues and ADs directly. My integrity is not for sale and I've lost a conference because of a couple of well-timed and deserved technicals (they did me a favor -- the closest school in that conference is 70 miles away).

Even with a few schools I won't deal with (and they with me) I work 35-40 varsity dates from the second week of December until the third week of February. It's enough for me (I work football and baseball, too). I work nothing else -- no rec, no AAU, no underclass games, nothing after my final playoff game. After my season ends in early March, I won't work basketball again until early December. I do already have games scheduled for 2010, though.