The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Sep 06, 2010, 04:16pm
Do not give a damn!!

Go to the National Federation website and order a Rulebook, Casebook and Simplified & Illustrated Rulebook. You are asking so many basic rules and do not know the other factests to the rules you will just get confused by what we say or get the rule wrong not realizing other rules.

I think you need to start there and then ask us questions. Nothing wrong with questions but I am afraid your lack of knowledge you do not understand the answers we are giving you.

Peace
Old Mon Sep 06, 2010, 04:41pm
Chain of Fools

Quote:
I don't have a rulebook. How do I get access to one?
My spider senses are tingling!
Old Mon Sep 06, 2010, 04:58pm
Official Forum Member

lets not confuse ourselfs. I've already learned a lot here in my short time. I'm understanding the well-explained answers. May be my question wasn't clear enough. I understand eligibilty of receivers. I'm wanting to know if you have to have a body part physically touching the line to be considered "on the line". I'm borrowing a rule book by the way and will read it cover to cover and ask more questions after that. I've got out on the playing field a couple times and reffed and learned loads out there. I'm just soaking up knowledge anyway I can in the mean time.
Old Mon Sep 06, 2010, 05:04pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official View Post
lets not confuse ourselfs. I've already learned a lot here in my short time. I'm understanding the well-explained answers. May be my question wasn't clear enough. I understand eligibilty of receivers. I'm wanting to know if you have to have a body part physically touching the line to be considered "on the line". I'm borrowing a rule book by the way and will read it cover to cover and ask more questions after that. I've got out on the playing field a couple times and reffed and learned loads out there. I'm just soaking up knowledge anyway I can in the mean time.
If you read the rulebook cover to cover, then you would know what the definition of being on the line of scrimmage is as there is no such reference to touching the line. And if you are having a hard time visualizing the words, that is why you get the Simplified and Illustrated book so you can physically see examples of what the rules are saying and what they mean. And your questions are so elementary that something must not be sinking in yet if these are the nature of the questions you are asking. We have all been there and which is why these other tools I am suggesting might help you in the long run.

Peace
Old Mon Sep 06, 2010, 05:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
If you read the rulebook cover to cover, then you would know what the definition of being on the line of scrimmage is as there is no such reference to touching the line. And if you are having a hard time visualizing the words, that is why you get the Simplified and Illustrated book so you can physically see examples of what the rules are saying and what they mean. And your questions are so elementary that something must not be sinking in yet if these are the nature of the questions you are asking. We have all been there and which is why these other tools I am suggesting might help you in the long run.

Peace
I have not yet read the rule book. Would you like to direct me to the simplified and illustrated book on nfhs website. I can't seem to find it. Thank You.
Old Mon Sep 06, 2010, 05:21pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
I have not yet read the rule book. Would you like to direct me to the simplified and illustrated book on nfhs website. I can't seem to find it. Thank You.
National Federation of State High School Associations - Football

And I would recommend the Rules by Topic book as the information puts the Rules and Casebook plays together. Good resource.

Peace
Old Mon Sep 06, 2010, 05:46pm
Official Forum Member

$10 for shipping - :/
Old Mon Sep 06, 2010, 05:52pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Skype™ to jemiller
check with your local officials association. If you are just interested they might be able to get you some books from last year. If you are a registered official, part of your registration should get you your books. Talk to another FB official, they should have some old books to get you started. Local FB coach too.
Old Mon Sep 06, 2010, 06:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemiller View Post
check with your local officials association. If you are just interested they might be able to get you some books from last year. If you are a registered official, part of your registration should get you your books. Talk to another FB official, they should have some old books to get you started. Local FB coach too.
unfortunately I didn't register this year. I didn't realize registering would get me books. I guess next year I'll have a couple sets.
Old Mon Sep 06, 2010, 06:07pm
Official Forum Member

So I'm getting the Rules by Topic book and the simplified and illustrated book. Shipping is $10 so is there another book I should throw in? If I want to order something later I'll have to pay shipping again. Might as well do it right the first time.
Old Mon Sep 06, 2010, 06:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I don't have a rulebook. How do I get access to one?
I don't know about you guys, but I smell a RAT!
Old Mon Sep 06, 2010, 06:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroKen62 View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I smell a RAT!
explain yourself!!! I didn't know where to the get the rulebook?

Last edited by Official; Mon Sep 06, 2010 at 06:22pm.
Old Mon Sep 06, 2010, 06:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
explain yourself!!!
Your questions are too . . .well, questionable.
You happen to know about the numbers on the clip, but you have no idea how the chains work?
These questions about the LOS are questions my wife could answer, and she's never played or officiated.
You claim you are a new official, but you are not registered? C'mon, dude!

Last edited by BroKen62; Mon Sep 06, 2010 at 06:31pm.
Old Mon Sep 06, 2010, 06:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroKen62 View Post
Your questions are too . . .well, questionable.
What happened to the coin toss thread you posted last week?
I'm learning. I've been making a lot of threads - so I deleted the coin toss one. Hopefully keeping the board clear of better discussion
Old Mon Sep 06, 2010, 06:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I'm learning. I've been making a lot of threads - so I deleted the coin toss one. Hopefully keeping the board clear of better discussion
How thoughtful of you.