The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Oct 04, 2002, 01:22pm
Official Forum Member

Question

I know this has been brought up in many discussions but I was blown away again by Dan Dierdorf in the recent Raider-Titan game.On the second punt return for a touchdown there were two blocks that were borderline blocks in the back.Both blocks caught the shoulder as much from the side as from the which is clearly and correctly a good no call.The multiple replays should both as borderline and backed the officials.Dan Dierdorf went on and on about what a bad call that was and gave no slack to the officials.You would think a man who played at every level could see that better.I'm just wondering if anyone else saw that game and agrees or disagrees with me.
Old Fri Oct 04, 2002, 01:37pm
Official Forum Member

Lightbulb Education is the answer.

Our association has tried to invite the stadium announcers and the press to some of our meetings to teach them the rules and signals. But most of them seem to think they already know more than we do.

We will continue to do our best and teach others the letter and the spirit of the rules.
Old Fri Oct 04, 2002, 03:35pm
Official Forum Member

The announcers say what they think people want to hear, whether they are right or wrong. Sad but true. They make us all look bad.
Old Sat Oct 05, 2002, 02:15am
Official Forum Member

I'll pay heed to any announcer who knows the difference between a muff and a fumble. To this date, I haven't heard one.

Just as in baseball, where no one knows the difference between a foul ball and a foul tip.

Bob