The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Nov 19, 2014, 03:49pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
If he stepped toward the end line I think he would have a worse view of potential defenders in his PCA. Stepping onto the court towards the basket would be more effective here IMO.
In your opinion. Not in mine.
Old Wed Nov 19, 2014, 05:20pm
NFHS Official

It's a travel first, then a PC
Old Wed Nov 19, 2014, 11:26pm
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
In your opinion. Not in mine.
Duh, that's why I wrote "IMO".
Old Thu Nov 20, 2014, 10:12am
Often wrong never n doubt

Hard to tell on the clip but it appears that perhaps the offensive player was fouled by the primary defender. Is it possible this had anything to do with the decision to go with a block? Not necessarily a makeup call but more of the brain will still processing the initial play.
Old Thu Nov 20, 2014, 12:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy341a View Post
Hard to tell on the clip but it appears that perhaps the offensive player was fouled by the primary defender. Is it possible this had anything to do with the decision to go with a block? Not necessarily a makeup call but more of the brain will still processing the initial play.
You might mean secondary defender. offense went around first player. guy who attempted to take charge came from help side..

In a college game your always aware of the arc/help side defense when someone is on way to rim but in this case the contact was far enough away from the arc that I personally doubt its a factor here. possible, i suppose not sure what he is thinking obviously...
i'm with badnews for most part on maybe why block called-- top half of defender flies to right and back somewhat on contact. rather than straight back. offensive player is trying to jump around him. looks a bit weird up top. he seems to be looking right at it so I'm not seeing him surprised etc.

maybe after his partner didn't call the charge against green less than two minutes earlier he decided there would be no charges that night…at least not for awhile longer

Last edited by BigCat; Thu Nov 20, 2014 at 12:39pm.
Old Thu Nov 20, 2014, 01:11pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
No, it wasn't a make-up call. I think what happened was that B1's contact with A1 made him pause for a second, and then he picked up B2 too late.
Old Thu Nov 20, 2014, 01:12pm

I didn't mean secondary defender. I was saying that it appears that the first player the offense goes around may have fouled him.
Old Thu Nov 20, 2014, 01:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I didn't mean secondary defender. I was saying that it appears that the first player the offense goes around may have fouled him.
i was sharp as a marble on that one wasn't i...
Old Thu Nov 20, 2014, 03:26pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
i was sharp as a marble on that one wasn't i...
lol
Old Fri Nov 28, 2014, 02:04pm
Official Forum Member

Update

So this play was covered in a video bulletin by john Adams and obviously as we all know it was a player control foul however as stated previously he also said this should have been the leads call because it was a secondary defender. Doesn't matter if it's outside of paint. Only the C's call if it was primary...
Old Fri Nov 28, 2014, 04:16pm
Courageous When Prudent

I disagree with Mr. Adams in regards to the Lead on this play.
Old Fri Nov 28, 2014, 05:53pm
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
I disagree with Mr. Adams in regards to the Lead on this play.
Me too. C all the way.
Old Tue Dec 02, 2014, 01:46pm
Official Forum Member

personally, I don't really care who calls it - this needs to be a charge.

preferably this is the leads call: 1) a secondary defender is involved (too hard for C to look past primary defender - who got beat and past offensive player to find the secondary defender to determine if he has LGP and is outside RA); and 2) plays are almost always easier to officiate when they are coming TOWARDS you rather than AWAY from you.
Old Wed Dec 03, 2014, 11:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twocentsworth View Post
It was a clear charge that was called a block by the C (Terry Wymer). I think he was little surprised that the contact/play happened the way it did. Someone will post the video here soon…
In this case, it would be too much of a reach for lead IMO to grab this. If he had closed down somewhat, possibly. Also, C has a much better angle than lead, surprised he called block.

I'm not a fan of reaching across the paint.
Old Wed Dec 03, 2014, 11:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twocentsworth View Post
personally, I don't really care who calls it - this needs to be a charge.

preferably this is the leads call: 1) a secondary defender is involved (too hard for C to look past primary defender - who got beat and past offensive player to find the secondary defender to determine if he has LGP and is outside RA); and 2) plays are almost always easier to officiate when they are coming TOWARDS you rather than AWAY from you.
In this case, it would be too much of a reach for lead IMO to grab this. If he had closed down somewhat, possibly. Also, C has a much better angle than lead, surprised he called block.

I'm not a fan of reaching across the paint.