The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 18, 2014, 03:08am
Official Forum Member

Video Requests

Basketball season is nearly in full swing for most high schools and in full swing for both the NCAA and NBA. With that in mind, that means there will be many televised games and video requests. To keep this kind of uniform:

1. Feel free to start a thread with the specific game mentioned in the name of the topic...also make it clear that you are requesting a clip.

Ex. Kings vs. Warriors FF2 Video request

2. In the thread, please be as specific as possible as to when the play in question occurred/what happened. If you are not sure, NBA and many of the major D-I programs along with the major sports outlets (ESPN, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) have a play-by-play of the entire game which should help narrow the time down.

3. Please be patient...most of the time, I'll try to get a clip up within 24 hours. JetMet will also try to clip plays when time allows. I can tell you that I can get clips from just about every NBA game very quickly. NCAA, I can get games from ESPN/SEC Network games pretty quickly/consistently. Games on other broadcasts may be a little more difficult/take longer.

4. I'm not sure about this, and we can play this out by ear...I would say try to generally keep discussion of plays in one thread.

5. If you happen to come across a clip before JMF or I post a clip, feel free to do so. I would ask to try and embed the clip if possible...many sites, and almost every YouTube clip is embeddable...for Youtube, all one has to do is click share, embed, and then copy the code provided. Then all one has to do is paste the code in a post.

6. When a clip of the play requested has been posted, generally speaking, I will edit the topic title to show "(Video)". If you are starting at topic and already have the clip in play, feel free to do so yourself.

Finally, while video one of the best avenues to learn from, let's remember that clips and plays are for discussion and learning purposes and not for bashing officials.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Tue Nov 18, 2014, 08:41am
Archaic Power Monger

I just want to emphasize, please be patient with the folks such as JetMet and APG who've graciously taken the time to provide this service for us.

A big thank you gentlemen for doing this, it definitely makes us all better.
Old Tue Nov 18, 2014, 04:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
I just want to emphasize, please be patient with the folks such as JetMet and APG who've graciously taken the time to provide this service for us.

A big thank you gentlemen for doing this, it definitely makes us all better.
What he said!!!

This is no small effort on their part and I think we are all grateful for what they do for the benefit of all that come here.
Old Wed Nov 19, 2014, 12:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
What he said!!!

This is no small effort on their part and I think we are all grateful for what they do for the benefit of all that come here.
+2

These video reviews are excellent learning tools. I visit this site daily hoping to see more situations.
Old Wed Nov 19, 2014, 02:12pm
Official Forum Member

Just wanted to add another thank you for the videos. They are a really good discussion tool.
Old Sun Nov 23, 2014, 04:38am
Official Forum Member

Another request for when asking for a video...at least for me. It'll help if you name what network you caught it on...cause if you don't, I assume some ESPN network of channels if college...

NBA, it doesn't matter.

In addition, just want to point out the networks/leagues I can grab a stream from with 95 percent certainty at this point:

ESPN
ESPN 2
ESPN U
SEC Network
TNT Network

Just about any NBA game...local or national broadcast

If everything stays the same as last year, any clip from an NCAA tournament game

This list is preliminary and just for me...May be able to get access to more networks in the future...maybe not.

Also, JMF may have additional access to games, but I'll let him speak up if he chooses to.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Tue Nov 25, 2014, 05:37pm
Official Forum Member

Yes, I'm here The thanks are appreciated.

As for my access to college games it's virtually the same as APG. I'm limited on NBA games but if I can find certain plays I'll post them. I also hope to have access to the Big 10 Network but I'm trying to work through some glitches right now. If those are corrected you'll definitely know.

BTW, I may not get to some games as fast as APG because of my work schedule (real-life) combined with my work schedule (games). I'll do my best to hold up my end of the bargain.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)

Last edited by JetMetFan; Tue Nov 25, 2014 at 05:40pm.
Old Tue Nov 25, 2014, 05:45pm
Official Forum Member

Gentleman I too thank you for this service.
The golfing volleyball ref and official scorekeeper