The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Oct 28, 2014, 01:37pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Somewhat OT - I'm back in uniform

A lot of you regulars know I gave up reffing a while back due to my heart operation. I've been living in an assisted living center since then. This Friday, I'll be wearing my uniform for Halloween. Each of the residents here "teams up" with a staff member who hangs out with him (or her) during the day. We're supposed to wear costumes that somehow tie in with each other. My staffer is in his late twenties and will be wearing a Portland Trailblazer jersey and some shorts.

We've been talking about it and he knows that if he gives me any lip, I'll give him a technical. Oh yeah, I'll have to remember to soak my whistle in some antiseptic mouthwash the night before. Also - I"m giving T's out to anyone who doesn't give us candy.

There's a rumor going around that one of the nurses will be giving out morphine. Now that's a real treat!
Old Tue Oct 28, 2014, 02:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
We've been talking about it and he knows that if he gives me any lip, I'll give him a technical. Oh yeah, I'll have to remember to soak my whistle in some antiseptic mouthwash the night before. Also - I"m giving T's out to anyone who doesn't give us candy.

There's a rumor going around that one of the nurses will be giving out morphine. Now that's a real treat!
*Amusing for sure, wishing you a fine and enjoyable time at party
Old Tue Oct 28, 2014, 03:28pm
Statistician/Ref Hybrid

Quote:
Also - I"m giving T's out to anyone who doesn't give us candy.

If someone passes gas, will you assess a fragrant foul?

The center of attention as the lead & trail. – me
Games officiated: 525 Basketball · 76 Softball · 16 Baseball

Last edited by Stat-Man; Tue Oct 28, 2014 at 06:37pm.
Old Tue Oct 28, 2014, 04:17pm
Esteemed Forum Member

And, No Overtime ...

Quote:
I'll have to remember to soak my whistle in some antiseptic mouthwash the night before.
I can't believe that I'm about to say this, because it's so disgusting, but because I really you miss you here on the Forum, "Don't forget the First Rule of Officiating".
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Tue Oct 28, 2014, 04:33pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Thumbs up

Good luck Mark.

Hope it feels great putting on the stripes again!
Old Tue Oct 28, 2014, 04:42pm
Administrator

Quote:
A lot of you regulars know I gave up reffing a while back due to my heart operation. I've been living in an assisted living center since then. This Friday, I'll be wearing my uniform for Halloween. Each of the residents here "teams up" with a staff member who hangs out with him (or her) during the day. We're supposed to wear costumes that somehow tie in with each other. My staffer is in his late twenties and will be wearing a Portland Trailblazer jersey and some shorts.

Mark:

Glad to hear that you are up and around. But my question is: Are you going to wear your black lame shorts with black fishnet stockings?

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Tue Oct 28, 2014, 10:34pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
Glad to hear that you are up and around. But my question is: Are you going to wear your black lame shorts with black fishnet stockings?
MTD, Sr.
Unfortunately, I ripped them while pole dancing.
Old Wed Oct 29, 2014, 01:49am
In Time Out

ugh, why am I reading this before I go to bed? Just awful imagery

Have fun though, thanks for your posts
Old Wed Oct 29, 2014, 03:06pm
Ok is the new good

Quote:

When you mentioned uniform..I thought you were talking about DEPENDS

Zay gezunt Mark!
Old Thu Oct 30, 2014, 09:13am
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rookie View Post
When you mentioned uniform..I thought you were talking about DEPENDS

Zay gezunt Mark!
That's about the same as the most popular joke that goes around here:
"Do old men wear briefs or boxers? Depends."

If you think about it, wearing Depends during a game would eliminate the need for the First Rule of Officiating!
Old Fri Oct 31, 2014, 09:57am
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation

Well, it's finally Halloween. I went to put on my uniform this morning and I realized my whistle decided it should fit in with most of the people here. Now I have a Fox 80!
Old Sat Nov 01, 2014, 11:20am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

I hope you stayed up to date on the latest mechanic changes!
Old Sat Nov 01, 2014, 12:35pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Thumbs up

Well, Halloween is over and it was great fun. We had a large party in the afternoon and gave prizes out for the best costumes. Unfortunately, the judges didn't think my uniform was one of those.

Anyway, one of the nurses who was dressed as a witch accidentally stepped on my foot so I blew the whistle and gave her a T. I told her she'd lost her broom privileges and would have to just walk the rest of the day.

One of the volunteers here used to coach a local men's wreck team and when he saw me in my stripes, I thought he was going to pass out.