The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Sep 29, 2014, 01:46pm
Official Forum Member

good pants and alterations

looking for some tips. pants you like and ways to alter. i have seen some put little slits in the cuff to help them sit better on the shoe. the right length and such. my pants have never set just right for me. thanks for any help.
Old Mon Sep 29, 2014, 08:33pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKOFL View Post
looking for some tips. pants you like and ways to alter. i have seen some put little slits in the cuff to help them sit better on the shoe. the right length and such. my pants have never set just right for me. thanks for any help.

Are you married? I am (32 years this past Sep. 18th) and she does a great job as my seamstress, .

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Tue Sep 30, 2014, 07:02pm
Official & Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
Are you married? I am (32 years this past Sep. 18th) and she does a great job as my seamstress, .

MTD, Sr.
MTD speaks the truth....his Mrs. is a wonderful seamstress. When you buy a pair, have them shipped directly to his house. Send him your measurements and your Visa number and she'll fix ya right up.
Old Tue Sep 30, 2014, 07:09pm

I have always had good luck with Honigs and I let them alter them before shipping. Again, I have never had a problem with the quality or hemming.
Old Tue Sep 30, 2014, 07:21pm
Official Forum Member

I've used this site and they actually called me with questions to make sure everything was correct. Excellent customer service!

REFEREE PANT
Old Wed Oct 01, 2014, 04:12pm
Official Forum Member

ok "DDN" i will chk out this site, and refer other companion refs to it; we all struggle with looking tidy in our pants. I've seen some guys wear the elastic bands to keep shir tail tucked in--heck I know of a few guys who tell me that their shirts are also altered to fit "slimmer/tighter". I'm frequently adjusting my re-tucking my shirt tail in and pulling the cuffs off up on my shoes--heheh. I shall chk that web for info...
Old Wed Oct 01, 2014, 04:32pm
Official Forum Member

The slits in the cuff are called a "V-notch" hem. It gives the pants a little cleaner look.
Old Wed Oct 01, 2014, 04:46pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverfalls57 View Post
The slits in the cuff are called a "V-notch" hem. It gives the pants a little cleaner look.
I have seen that before and never liked that look. But then again that is my opinion but I do not see many with that hem on their pants.

Peace
Old Wed Oct 01, 2014, 05:23pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Zebra View Post
MTD speaks the truth....his Mrs. is a wonderful seamstress. When you buy a pair, have them shipped directly to his house. Send him your measurements and your Visa number and she'll fix ya right up.

My wife appreciates your praise but only Torch gets a cut of my profits, .

MTD, Sr.
Toledo, Ohio
Old Wed Oct 01, 2014, 09:32pm
Official Forum Member

Buy them un-hemmed and take them to a tailor and bring your court shoes with you. That way you get a well fitting pair of pants that drape properly over your shoe resulting in a crisp, sharp look.
It's not that expensive, plus it's tax deductible.
Old Thu Oct 02, 2014, 01:06pm
Official Forum Member

Other than sock stirrups, this is the best thing I've found so far to keep your shirt tucked in:

Undergarment Sport Belt, Umpire, Referee, Sports Uniform Shirt Stays Alternative
Old Thu Oct 02, 2014, 01:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
Other than sock stirrups, this is the best thing I've found so far to keep your shirt tucked in:

Undergarment Sport Belt, Umpire, Referee, Sports Uniform Shirt Stays Alternative
I always have my pants altered locally and they look great...at least I think they do and have never been dinged for my appearence is an evaluation.

As for keeping the shirt tucked in nicely...I got into the habit very early of wearing black compression tights after seeing an official in a varisty game slip on a wet spot and split the seam in his pants. For the rest of the half he kept flashing hints of skin and tighty whities. Taking the approach it is better to learn from the mistakes of others I bought two pair the next day. Tucking the shirt into those tights keeps them in place.
Old Thu Oct 02, 2014, 02:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatteryPowered View Post
I always have my pants altered locally and they look great...at least I think they do and have never been dinged for my appearence is an evaluation.

As for keeping the shirt tucked in nicely...I got into the habit very early of wearing black compression tights after seeing an official in a varisty game slip on a wet spot and split the seam in his pants. For the rest of the half he kept flashing hints of skin and tighty whities. Taking the approach it is better to learn from the mistakes of others I bought two pair the next day. Tucking the shirt into those tights keeps them in place.
*clever alternative!
Old Thu Oct 02, 2014, 03:12pm
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatteryPowered View Post

Why bother with pants at all? Just wear the tights!
Old Thu Oct 02, 2014, 03:46pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Why bother with pants at all? Just wear the tights!

Have you been talking with Padgett, .

MTD, Sr.
Toledo, Ohio