The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   arbiter sports mobile app (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/92759-arbiter-sports-mobile-app.html)

the24kid Thu Oct 25, 2012 08:13am

arbiter sports mobile app

Does anybody use this app? I want to purchase, I have an Iphone.. anybody have some reviews? pros and cons? feedback?

csb1971 Thu Oct 25, 2012 08:38am

I use it, and I like it. It is easier than using the full website on my phone. I think I paid $8 for one year of using it. I've been able to accept games quickly as well as look up my partners without any hassle while on the go. I think it was worth it, and when it comes time to renew, I'll probably get it for a couple of years.

jdmara Thu Oct 25, 2012 09:51am

I use it for some things. Unfortunately I don't have an iPhone so it doesn't work very well for my phone. If I had an iPhone I would definitely use it more.

-Josh

Smitty Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:16am

Where did you even find the app? I can't find it in iTunes (searched for both "arbiter" and "arbitersports".

Rich Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:26am

It's just a mobile website, I think.

Smitty Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:33am

Oh. Well that's a lot different that a mobile app. I use that already - and I'm pretty sure I didn't pay anything to use it.

JugglingReferee Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 860051)
It's just a mobile website, I think.

That's what I believe, too. And they charge you for that. lol

ASA Ump MN Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:19am

It's "Arbiter connected" not just any mobile website and it certainly isn't free...:D

Basicly its a mobile app that allows you to setup how/when you want to be notified —via email, text or both.

More information is located under the Connected tab in your user account!

Disclaimer:I have not tried it!

Adam Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:22am

The full website works well on my phone. I'm just not sure it's worth the cost.

And I already get emails, which also come to my phone, to tell me about changes.

Rich Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASA Ump MN (Post 860058)
It's "Arbiter connected" not just any mobile website and it certainly isn't free...:D

Basicly its a mobile app that allows you to setup how/when you want to be notified —via email, text or both.

More information is located under the Connected tab in your user account!

Disclaimer:I have not tried it!

By app, we're talking about something that can be downloaded from an app store. And, AFAIK, that doesn't exist.

Smitty Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:25pm

I get emails and txt msgs from the main website - so still not sure what the added value is for paying for anything.

representing Thu Oct 25, 2012 02:07pm

When it was brand new like a year or so ago, I got to try it free for a month. I didn't like it enough to pay for it, I could use the full website on my phone without any problems since that's what I've done before the mobile site came out.

ditttoo Thu Oct 25, 2012 02:11pm

Got it and have used it since it first came out...can get updates/new assignments/communicate with crew all within a matter of minutes rather than waiting until I get home and loggin on. Game reminders, etc are not critical but a nice feature. "On the fly" and done with it rather than waiting to get home and check nightly. More than worth the nominal fee.

Adam Thu Oct 25, 2012 02:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ditttoo (Post 860095)
Got it and have used it since it first came out...can get updates/new assignments/communicate with crew all within a matter of minutes rather than waiting until I get home and loggin on. Game reminders, etc are not critical but a nice feature. "On the fly" and done with it rather than waiting to get home and check nightly. More than worth the nominal fee.

I do all this through my mobile web browser. Most times, I accept a game within minutes of getting an email from Arbiter, regardless of where I am.

BLydic Thu Oct 25, 2012 02:38pm

It's great, but has no additional functionality than the full website. However, it's easier to read and navigate about the screens. IIRC, $7 is good for 3 years.