The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Reebok Zig Energy Shoes (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/80992-reebok-zig-energy-shoes.html)

Mrcrash3 Fri Sep 23, 2011 08:57am

Reebok Zig Energy Shoes

I see that reebok is offering this shoe for officiating (all black patent leather)
with the zig sole. Has anyone had any experience with this shoe for basketball, or running?

Larks Fri Sep 23, 2011 09:56am

I had a black pair last year that wasnt patent. confortable yes. Dont mind the look. Hate you cant shine them. Having said that....hate patent too so, Im headed back to NB I thnk

BLydic Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:35am

I talked to everyone that I saw wearing them last year, officials and players. The feedback was all positive. I ordered a pair of all black in the spring. They have some patent, but it's mostly the mesh, which as Larks said can't be shined. Anxious to get them in the gym.

Maineac Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:28pm

I used a pair last season. They were kind of suede-like, so shining wasn't an option. I thought they were comfortable, however they only came in medium width. Not the worst pair I've ever had, but not the best either.

Drizzle Fri Sep 23, 2011 05:36pm

I got the all-patent referee model earlier this month and have worked one day in them - so far so good. I'm curious to see how the patent leather holds up during the season. But during my limited tests, the shoes are comfortable, and they look sharp.

grunewar Fri Sep 23, 2011 05:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maineac (Post 789310)
I thought they were comfortable, however they only came in medium width. Not the worst pair I've ever had, but not the best either.

This is why I'm hesitant. I'm going to a local store and try on a pair to see if they're ok, before I order a pair online.

Mrcrash3 Fri Sep 23, 2011 07:15pm

Thanks for the input :)

Jeremy Hohn Thu Sep 29, 2011 06:48am

I have used multiple pairs for road races 5K/10K and worn them for summer league. They are by far the best pair of pure running shoes I have ever worn. They blow the Nike Air away in comfort and cushioning.

SmokeEater Fri Sep 30, 2011 01:10pm

I used a pair last year and they were comfortable and held up really well.

Only caution is be careful when making a sudden change in direction. The soles have a slightly rounded edge and if you don't plant square or flat you may roll over on your ankle.

BLydic Fri Sep 30, 2011 04:40pm

New Balance seems to fit my wider foot better than the running shoes like Nike or Asics, but these Reebok's wrap around my foot really nice. I noticed they have a mid-cut basketball shoe as well. Might provide a little more ankle support.

DLH17 Sat Oct 01, 2011 01:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy Hohn (Post 790478)
I have used multiple pairs for road races 5K/10K and worn them for summer league. They are by far the best pair of pure running shoes I have ever worn. They blow the Nike Air away in comfort and cushioning.

This is what I was wanting to hear. I love my Nike Air Max. Actually, my feet are in love with them. Best pair of shoes I've ever worn.

But, if the Reebok Zigs are even more comfortable.....it's worth a shot. The 2011 and 2012 Air Max's, that I've been able to find online, are all meshy and don't look like they'd be good for officiating anyway.

Plus, Smitteez has the Zigs for 95.99. 2012 Air Max = 159.99. :eek:

RookieDude Sat Oct 01, 2011 03:10am

Just ordered a pair of black patent zigs on eastbay...99.95 with FREE shipping.

Hope they work out...I'm trusting your reviews. ;)

Jeremy Hohn Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:25pm

As a sworn Nike Air person for years, I was hesitant on changing myself....you won't be sorry...

constable Sun Oct 02, 2011 01:58pm

Anyone tried the reebok zig's who also wears orthotic inserts??

If so I'm curious to see how they work and feel.

grunewar Sun Oct 02, 2011 03:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by constable (Post 791149)
Anyone tried the reebok zig's who also wears orthotic inserts??

If so I'm curious to see how they work and feel.

Good question which will help me too!