The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Mar 18, 2000, 02:54am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Jeremy Hohn Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Hohn
Did anyone see the end of the Tennessee/Louisiana game? Can someone tell me what in the world the lead official was looking way out at the 3 pt. arc? And on top of that, taking it away from his T? This is why it is very important to remember our PRIMARY responsibilities in 3 man. If there were two eyes out there, who was watching the post players on ball side? I have always been told that if you are going to call out of your primary make sure that you have it good ESPECIALLY if your co-official isn't screened or has a good look (as in this case) Also, did anyone see the end of Depaul/Kansas? Just before the end of regulation, Billy Packer went on and on that a foul should've been called when two players battled for a rebound just because "the Depaul player hit the deck" I saw the play, and they locked up pretty good, with no definite push, and the Depaul player, in his attempt to change his body position to rebound, fell to the floor. If this was the case, there would be coaches across the nation telling their players to go down if they became engaged in a physical play. (it happens enough as it is) It gets irritating hearing these so called "experts" on television comment about officiating when they have no idea of the rules, or have never officiated one themselves. Comments???
Old Sat Mar 18, 2000, 05:01pm
Official Forum Member

Cool

Concerning Packer, if you listened to the end of the FLA. Butler game, he said Florida made a mistake taking 2 point baskets instead of 3's. Well as we know, Butler missed FT's and Florida wins on a last second shot. I love to see Packer eat his words.
Old Sun Mar 19, 2000, 09:51am
Official Forum Member

Billy Packer has the least basketball sense of any of the "color men". Someone should send him a rule book, and then pay his way to a coaching clinic. There's a reason for Billy being where he is and the coaches and refs being where they are.