Thread: Illegal Block?
View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 12, 2013, 03:30pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg08 View Post
While I didn't put the FBZ in the OP, that could be included in the piece of if it is legal, then what could make it illegal.

I know that anybody can block anybody.

The question was posed to me by a coach so he knows how to instruct his players and since I never claim to know everything, and there are many of your football guys on here who have more football knowledge in your thumbnail than I have in total, I posed the question on here for some additional advice and talking points to make sure I don't answer his question incorrectly.

So....anything else that you guys can add, will help make the information that I give the coach more complete.

Thanks,
John
I understand, just wanted to make it clear the information given is not illegal. And the fact that this came from a coach is more reason why this question was asked. A coach often never picks up a rulebook, but assumes things from other levels and says things are illegal. Nothing as stated is illegal. If he is thinking there is a "crackback" block of some kind, that only applies to college and the block must be below the waist under the right cirumstances.

Peace