Thread: Illegal Block?
View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 12, 2013, 02:01pm
Stop staring at me swan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
You can block anyone you want, it is about if it is below waist or in the back or something like spearing or butt blocking. Otherwise all blocks not included are legal. The only other issue is in the FBZ and that is not at issue in the OP.

Not sure why anyone would think these descriptions would be illegal on any level? It does not matter where you are positioned, you can legally block anyone anywhere on the field. The manner of how you block might be illegal.

Peace
While I didn't put the FBZ in the OP, that could be included in the piece of if it is legal, then what could make it illegal.

I know that anybody can block anybody.

The question was posed to me by a coach so he knows how to instruct his players and since I never claim to know everything, and there are many of your football guys on here who have more football knowledge in your thumbnail than I have in total, I posed the question on here for some additional advice and talking points to make sure I don't answer his question incorrectly.

So....anything else that you guys can add, will help make the information that I give the coach more complete.

Thanks,
John