View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 05, 2012, 11:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
In my coaching days years ago I have coached in many tournaments. I have also been tournament director for quite a few. I have never coached or been a TD for a tournament game, local, district, state or regional that home team was not decided by coin toss before the game. If I had to do it I would call Tails every time and if I could I would designate an assistant to go do the coin toss, because I did not care. My focus was on getting my team to score more than the other and play good defense. If your players get a vibe from you that you care who is home team, you have planted a bad seed.

Get over it, league officials are correct, toss a coin, send an assistant to do it.
Thanks. Trust me, I'm "over it". Like I said in the original post, I was cool with just batting in the "visitor" slot. It's no big deal at all, and my kids are just having fun. I just figured you guys might know what the usual practice is in a tournament like this. I'll just let them flip a coin and let me know how it turns out when it comes time to have my kids bat or take the field. I'm so proud of all the kids. The playground has all different color jerseys on it after each game. They're having the time of their life.