View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 05, 2012, 10:08pm
Official Forum Member

Tournament seed question (home vs. visitor)

Hi guys. There is a question raised that I'd like to ask you guys who seem to be the best experts I've seen about the game, tournaments, etc. I'm coaching a Little League team (minor division) in a very intense 6-team double elimination tournament. We started out as the #3 seed and didn't get the first round bye (obviously). We have won all of our games and have remained in the winners bracket. Championship game coming up. The original #1 seed has a chance to come back out of the losers bracket and face us in the championship game. So here's the question--should the original #1 seed still get the "home team" advantage (by batting last) or do we earn the "home team" advantage by remaining in the winners bracket? I personally think we would still be the visiting team if the #1 seed comes out of the losers bracket to face us in the championship game. BUT, ironically, some of the league officials are saying otherwise. I just want to do what is right for the kids and get your all's opinion. Sorry for the off-topic question, but I can't find a definitive answer. Thanks in advance.