Thread: On deck batters
View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 13, 2010, 07:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkside View Post
First off, I would like to say that I'm new to this board. Second, I'm a coach first (I know, I know) and an umpire when time allows in our local rec league. I love to do both and am a student of the game and a rules junkie.

I was at an ASA tournament this weekend with my team. We were on the 1st base side and I sent my on-deck batter over to the 3rd base side, because the last time that the current batter and pitcher faced off, balls were flying to the 1st base side. We were on 3rd that time. Anyway, the umpire tells me that the on-deck batter is not allowed to go over to the other side.

Is there any such rule? The TD tells me it's for insurance reasons and that Bollinger (there's that name again) will not let that happen. Anyone know anything of this?

Thanks,

Paul
It is a fact and if you are an umpire, you only needed to read the definitions of "on deck circle" in Rule 1.

The TD is blowing smoke up whatever. Bollinger has nothing to do with this rule.

Last edited by IRISHMAFIA; Sun Jun 13, 2010 at 07:09pm.