View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 18, 2008, 02:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
I work with NCAAW rules.

If the R2 feels a yellow card is warranted, but none is coming from the R1, what can the R2 do in this situation. It's not a disagreement between the officials. The R1 simply didn't hear the exchange.

I had this happen twice last season, with the same coach. I felt strongly that a card should be issued, but the R1 didn't assess it. My understanding is that the R2 is not allowed to give the card. What do I do or say to alert the R1 that I want a card given?
We use NFHS, but this is the procedure we use & it should work for your rule set (someone correct me if I'm wrong...Felix, you out there?)
Move to the side of the net of the team with offending coach/player, then step forward to the sideline of the court while making solid eye contact with the R1. Now hold the card of appropriate color against your chest with the hand away from the net. R1 should respond by taking matching card out of pocket & together you then hold it out to the side. R2 then turns to the table & tells the scorekeeper who the card was assessed to.

I've never encountered an R1 that wouldn't respond to a request for a card from the R2.