View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 26, 2007, 08:03am
Official Forum Member

It's been a couple of years ago- and I think it was on this forum- since someone posted their sure-fire method for getting their hats clean. This sounds goofy, but I tried it and it really worked.

Wear your hat into the shower. Lather it up with whatever shampoo you normally use. Rinse well. (You might want to skip the conditioner!)

A couple of the hats I tried this on were "out of the rotation", as the white lettering was dirty enough that I didn't consider them presentable. They turned out with clean, crisp white lettering that really surprised me! They're back in use.

You'll be amazed by the amout of crud that rinses of the hats, creating a veritable mud puddle in the tub. Being on your head lets you scrub a little harder without deforming the hat and helps it keep it's shape. You might need to take it off and rinse out the inside, like rinsing out a bowl, a couple of times.

When you're done, and the hat is still wet, you can reshape it a bit if needed. Let it air-dry overnight and you're good to go.